Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes
3 cups frozen green beans
1/2 cup onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 tsp xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp Pink Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 oz Pork Rinds, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Thaw frozen green beans and boil them to cook them through.
- Chop the onions, mushrooms and garlic and mix together.
- In a medium saucepan melt two tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, mushrooms and garlic to the saucepan and cook until the mushrooms have cooked down.
- Add the cream and chicken broth to the sautéed mushrooms and onions then bring to a boil.
- Once the cream sauce is boiling turn down the heat to simmer and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Next add the xanthem gum and stir until sauce has thickened.
- Once the sauce has thickened add the green beans to the sauce and coat evenly.
- Transfer the green beans to a baking dish and top with the crumbled pork rinds.
- Place in oven and bake for two minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Makes 3 servings
Nutrition Facts; Calories 243.7 calories, total fat 17.7g, total carbohydrates 8.3g, dietary fiber 2.5g, protein 7.7g