Prep Time 15 Mins Cook Time 40 Mins
½ cup Butter melted
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
7 Large Eggs (at room temperature)
5 grams of baking powder (weighed) 1 tsp if not weighed
7 ounces Almond Flour Blanched (200 grams) (weighed) or 2 cups if not weighed
2 grams xanthan gum (weighed) 1/2 tsp if not weighed
2 grams Himalayan Salt (weighed) 1/2 teaspoon if not weighed
Preheat oven to 355F
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them together.
- Melt butter into a small saucepan and let it sit. Butter shouldn’t be too hot because it will affect your eggs when you add it to the mixture.
- Mix the coconut oil into the melted butter.
- Slowly mix in the butter and oil mixture into the beaten eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine the almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt together. Mix together until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture into the eggs stirring as you go. Mixture will become fairly thick.
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour mixture into loaf pan. Smooth out the top surface of the bread.
- Cook for 40 minutes and the bread is a nice golden-brown color. You can check the bread just like you would a cake. Insert a toothpick into center of the bread if it comes out clean the bread is done.
- Let cool on a cooling rack until all sides are equally cool.
If you are using a glass loaf pan, reduce the temperature by 20° F
Set your timer for 10 minutes less than the recommended cooking time. All ovens are different
Serving Size 2 slices
Makes 8 servings
Nutrition Facts, Calories 234, Fat 23g, Carbohydrates 1g, Protein 7g