3.5 oz Extra Dark Chocolate - 85 % cocoa
4 1/2 oz Butter or Coconut oil
3 Large Eggs
1/2 tsp Liquid Stevia
3/4 cup Powdered Swerve
1 cup Almond flour
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cacao Powder
1/4 cup Ground Chia Seeds
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cream of Tartar
Preheat oven to 350° F
Spray an 8x8 square brownie pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, set aside.
Leave the excess parchment paper to help pull the brownies out of the pan.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces
- Add the chopped chocolate and butter into a double boiler simmer on low. Once most of the chocolate has melted remove from heat and stir chocolate until completely melted.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, stevia and powdered swerve, mix until well combined.
- Beat the chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Next add the dry ingredients into the chocolate egg mixture, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the brownie batter into an 8x8 pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool. Once cool, run a thin knife around the edge to loosen and lift the brownies out of the pan using the parchment.
Makes 16 servings