Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 8 Hours
2 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 medium red onion, chopped and divided
5 cloves garlic, minced
3 large ribs of celery, diced
1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices (Optional)
6 oz can Tomato Paste
14.5 oz can Tomatoes and Green Chilies
14.5 oz can Stewed Tomatoes
2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos or Worcestershire sauce
4 Tbsp Chili Powder
2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the onion for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add 2 tbsp of the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the ground beef to the garlic and onion mixture. Cook for 5-10 minutes until browned, breaking apart the ground beef as you cook it.
- Once the ground beef is browned drain the grease and add the ground beef mixture into the crock pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the crock pot and mix well..
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
Serving size 1 cup
Nutrition Facts Per serving
Calories: 137, Fat: 5g , Protein: 16g, Net Carbs: 4.7g
I like to add a little mct oil, cheddar cheese and sour cream on top of my chilli to help increase the fat.