7 ounces fresh fish fillets
3 tbps butter
1 tbps lemon juice
¼ cup fine almond flour
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp dried chives
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl or square food storage container mix together all the dry ingredients almond flour, dill, chives, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the fillets, one at a time, in the flour mix. Coat each side. Cover them well and place on a separate dish. You can do this in advance and place in the fridge until ready to cook.
- In a large pan, heat half the butter and half the lemon juice over a medium-high heat. You want it hot enough to crust the flour mix but not to burn the butter or bitter the juice.
- Let the fish cook for 3 minutes. Don’t let the pan dry up. Add more butter or lemon juice when necessary.
- Add the rest of the butter and lemon juice into the pan and turn the fish over to cook for another 3 minutes. Make sure to let the fish soak up the lemony butter. The coating should be golden brown and the fish cooked through.
- Check that the fish is done with a fork and remove from the pan. The fish will continue to cook so we want to avoid over cooking.
This makes 2 servings
Per serving: 406 Calories, 30.33g Fats, 3.55g Net Carbs, and 29.07g Protein.