Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Cup Red onion, diced
- 4 Green peppers
- 1 Lb Ground beef
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 3½ oz Button mushroom, minced
- 2 Tsp Thyme
- 8 ½ oz Diced tomatoes
- 1 Slice bacon
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Melt the butter in a medium size frying pan over a medium heat, saute the onion & garlic.
- Brown ground beef & chop up well.
- Cook & dice up the bacon.
- Once ground beef is cooked all the way through add the diced bacon, can of diced tomatoes, thyme, & mushrooms and stir well.
- Reduce heat to low & let simmer for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cut open green peppers & remove seeds then cut in half.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & oil baking dish.
- Put the beef mixture into pepper halves push the beef in the pepper firmly so it stays in the pepper & top with cheese if desired, bake for 20 minutes.
Makes 8 Servings
Nutrition Info Per Serving
Calories 183, Carbs 6g, Fat 10g, Protein 17g
Keep in mind that the nutritional values of this recipe may vary depending on the ingredients you use, so I suggest entering your ingredients into a nutrition calculator such as Carb Manager for the most accurate data.